Certified pure heirloom Berkshire pork is distinctive for its rich ruby color and exquisite marbling, tenderness, and depth of flavor.
Considered by many to be “the Kobe Beef of Pork”
Don’t just take our word for it. In 1992, the National Pork Board tested nine sire lines for their meat and eating quality. Berkshire pork placed first in nineteen of twenty traits, including:
- Loin color
- Loin tenderness
- Loin marbling
- Best tasting in all test categories
- Superior cooked moisture content
Our Berkshire Producer is made up of a coalition of over 60 small independent family farmers. Many of these farmers are the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and in some cases the 5th generation of their family to be engaged in animal husbandry. All our farmers have committed themselves to the Berkshire Breed exclusively and to a strict code of responsible and humane animal husbandry. They each take pride in the product they produce, and work hard to ensure their animals are raised in a healthy, humane, environmentally friendly manner and do so with the utmost care and attention. Many of these family farmers are using production methods that have been passed down through many generations.
Some of these farmers’ ideals, when it comes to raising Berkshire pigs include:
- No antibiotics or hormones are used to promote unnatural growth
- Raised with room to move – they are not kept in confined spaces
- Fed a wholesome, all-vegetarian, grain-based diet
- Raised in a manner to minimize stress
- Are GLUTEN and MSG FREE and are easy to implement into a celiac or gluten-free diet.
HAND INSPECTED FOR QUALITY
Each week, our Producer hand inspects every Certified Berkshire Loin Cut before shipping. Hand inspection guarantees the quality of each cut, visual consistency, and flavor.